We process your personal information only for the following purposes:
• locating a Mazda vehicle according to your specifications from our UK database,
authorised Mazda stock location,
• customer and contract administration,
• collect fully refundable reservation charge,
• responding to general enquiries and requests sent to us in relation to the reservation portal, and
• provide personalised communications and direct marketing.
As part of our processing for these purposes, we share your information with suppliers who act on our behalf for services such as database management, payment service provider, IT support, website support and marketing services.
Mazda UK is part of the Mazda group of companies. Whilst Mazda UK is the primary controller for the purposes of the Online Reservation Platform, in some circumstances, we may share your personal data with our affiliates, including Mazda Motors Europe GmbH ("Mazda Europe") and Mazda Motors Logistics Enterprises Europe N.V. ("Mazda Logistics") each of whom may act on Mazda UK's instructions or may need to process the personal data for their own purposes. For more information about how Mazda Europe processes personal data, please refer to (https://www.mazda.eu/en/privacy-statement/).
If you would like to amend your marketing preferences or any of your personal details, you can do this] via our Customer Relations Team using the details below. To get in touch with Mazda UK for any other queries, please use the following details:
Address: Customer Relations Team, Mazda Motors UK Limited, Victory Way, Crossways Business Park, Dartford, Kent, DA2 6DT
Telephone: 03457 48 48 48
For any other matters in relation to data protection or personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer as below:
The personal information provided by you, via the Online Reservation Platform, falls within the following categories:
• Contact details - includes your full name, address, contact information including telephone and email address details.
• Transaction data – confirmation that you are over 16 years of age and confirmation of order number/payment ID, description, amount, status of the order, country of origin, confirmation of when payment was made or in respect of a refund, when the payment is due, shipping address.
• Location data - either your IP address is temporarily collected as a cookie via the user's web browser (see Cookies Policy for more information) or identified from your postcode which you provide to us;
• Card payment data – including the last four digits of your payment card number, confirmation of whether the card is a credit or debit card and the card issuer, cardholder's name and the transaction amount and billing address.
• Customer services - We will also collect additional information about you and your vehicle when you contact our customer relations centre (including queries or complaints).
• Vehicle preference criteria – including your preferences regarding the model, colour, engine size, fuel type, transmission and any other specifications.
• Other vehicle-related data – confirmation of whether you are a Mazda owner and the type of vehicle purchased.
• Electronic communications – Mazda will collect and store any personal information which you volunteer to provide to us when you use the 'Contact Us' form.
• Email & Call Tracking, Call Recordings –we will track emails that you send to us and, only if you call the Mazda UK Customer Relations Team, we will record calls for quality and monitoring purposes.
We do not need to process your special category data in order to provide you with the online car reservation services described below.
We use your personal data for the following purposes, and we are allowed to do so, on certain legal bases which are outlined below:
• Vehicle location: Mazda UK must collect information about your personal preferences and location data in order to locate a vehicle via Mazda UK's online vehicle database which meets your specifications.
• Reserving a vehicle: Mazda UK requires your personal information in order to:
• Communications: Mazda UK will process your personal information in order to send you service-related communications and deal with communications you send to us.
• Cancelling a reservation: Mazda UK requires your personal information in order to (where appropriate in accordance with the Terms and Conditions):
• Deal with a problem with a refund request: In limited circumstances, Mazda Europe requires your personal information in order remediate any technical issues or problems processing your refund; and
• Legal disputes: Mazda UK will process your personal data in order to deal with legal disputes involving you.
We are permitted to process your personal data below if it is based on our 'legitimate interests' i.e. we have good, sensible, practical reasons for processing your personal data which is in the interest of us. To do so, we have considered the impact on your interests and rights and have placed appropriate safeguards to ensure that the intrusion to your privacy is reduced as much as possible.
Our legitimate interest in processing the personal data below for the purpose specified is to provide you with useful services and information. We only use your personal data for the purposes specified and process personal data that is necessary for these purposes:
• Customer Support: Mazda UK will use your personal information to resolve any customer queries you may have relating to the reservation of a new vehicle via the online reservation platform.
• Updates: On your request, we will contact you in accordance with your contact preferences to provide you with any updates regarding vehicle availability and other important changes regarding the services.
Our legitimate interest in processing the personal data below with its respective purposes is to provide effective customer relationship management:
• Quality and Training – Mazda UK will track, and record voice calls (inbound and outbound) if you contact our Mazda UK Customer Relations Team via this channel for quality and training monitoring purposes.
• Creating a customer profile: Mazda UK uses software to build a basic profile of you based on your Contact details and your postcode which is then used to help us to determine which of our products you may wish to see.
• Marketing analytics and website improvements - Mazda UK will use your data (which may not identify you directly) within analytics in order to help us monitor visitor numbers and engagement levels and to help us to improve website services.
• Determining marketing campaigns – Mazda UK will assess whether you would be interested to receive targeted marketing and whether to send marketing campaigns to you as an existing Mazda customer.
• Sharing your information with authorised Mazda dealers – to enable them to send you customised marketing communications of Mazda products which may be of interest to you.
• Accounting and Auditing purposes: Mazda will process your payment information to ensure that Mazda is able to comply with any applicable accounting/auditing requirements; and
• Requests from authorities: We will share your personal data with the police, other law enforcement or regulators where we are required by law to do so.
Who will handle your data?
We will never sell your information to third parties and will only provide your data to the third parties as detailed above to fulfil the relevant services.
All transfers of personal data within the Mazda Group will be shared on the basis of Intercompany Data Protection Agreement.
Mazda will also share your personal information with authorised Mazda dealers in the UK to enable them to communicate with you regarding Mazda vehicle enquiries and/or potential offers or deals relating to Mazda vehicles and products which may be interest to you. All such disclosures are subject to duties of confidentiality and data protection in accordance with our agreements with each dealer.
To the extent that Mazda has agreed with a processor to transfer your personal data to countries outside of the EEA and/or the UK (a "third country") for a specific requirement, it will ensure that such transfers are conducted in compliance with the Data Protection Laws. Whenever your personal data is transferred to a third country, we ensure that a similar degree of protection is afforded by ensuring appropriate safeguards have been implemented in accordance with the relevant Data Protection Laws. These safeguards include: Standard Contractual Clauses issued by the European Commission or similar competent authority or governmental body. We also ensure that our processors provide evidence that they have appropriate levels of technical and operational security measures in place to protect your data, and we have a process in place to ensure these processors comply with their obligations. You may request more information about how we are transferring your personal data in this way and information can be provided upon request.
Your personal information will be retained for the longer of: 4 years (if you are a prospective customer who has consented to receive marketing from us) and/or 7 years (if you agree to reserve a vehicle via the online reservations platform) or as long as required:
(a) for the purposes for which the personal information was collected (as described under the heading "How do we use your personal information and the lawful basis for processing?":
(b) in order to establish or defend legal rights or obligations or to satisfy any reporting or accounting obligations; and/or
(c) as required by data protection laws and any other applicable laws or regulatory requirements.
In particular, where we are storing website data against unique ID's, as this data is processed in a way that does not identify you as an individual, this data will be kept indefinitely for historical reporting purposes. Where we are storing cookie data linked to personal information, we will store this cookie for 2 years unless you delete it from your browser settings or if you opt out from all marketing cookies on our website.
Call tracking and recordings are kept for no longer than 6 months. We may hold this data for a longer period, if we are legally required to do so.
If you do wish to stop receiving communications from Mazda UK, you can do this in the following ways:
• Unsubscribe easily from any marketing email by clicking the unsubscribe link within the email.
• Opt out of any marketing communication channels. Please contact the Mazda Customer Relations team via (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the team on 03457 48 48 48 so your preferences can be updated.
Under the Data Protection Laws you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
• Right to object to processing of your personal data
• Right to request a copy of your personal data and information on how we process it
• Right to request to move, copy or transfer your personal data (data portability)
• Right for your personal data to be erased
• Right for your personal data to be corrected in a timely manner
• Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
• Right to restrict your personal data being processed
To exercise your rights please contact the Mazda UK Data Protection Officer using the contact details provided in the section headed "How to Contact Us". We will ask you for information to confirm your identity and we will then respond to your request within 30 days from when we have received your request.
As a UK Company, Mazda UK's local supervisory authority is the UK Information Commissioner's Office ("ICO"). Please visit the ICO website (www.ico.org.uk) for more details.
You have a right to complain to the ICO if you believe your personal data has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with the Data Protection Laws.